THE Generator - Pine Bluff
About The Generator Pine Bluff
The Generator is an innovation hub powered by Go Forward Pine Bluff. The Generator houses a coworking space, a makerspace and a digital space with the latest in technology. It is a space that creates a fun environment where risk-taking, imagining, problem-solving, discovery, collaboration, and exploration brings the community of Pine Bluff together to learn and grow.
The purpose of The Generator is to generate economic growth through programs, partnerships, and technology.
The mission of The Generator is to empower makers, dreamers, and doers that generate a thriving and inclusive community by providing space, tools, and programs to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship. The Generator’s values are to generate Growth, Entrepreneurship, Networking, Empowerment, Resources, Advocacy, Technology, and Education.
Through experiences at The Generator, individuals and the community are engaged in building relationships and developing businesses and innovative ideas to contribute to the economic growth of the region, as well as eliminating barriers along the way – creating a collaborative, diverse and inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem in Pine Bluff and Southeast Arkansas.
The Generator activities are aimed at:
- Promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in Pine Bluff and throughout the region with special emphasis on minority innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Training the next generation of innovators by providing entrepreneurial education using the Lean Start-up methodology.
- Serving as a coordinating hub to integrate and efficiently leverage existing entrepreneurial support resources in the region, the state, and the nation. The Generator is a member of the Rural Innovation Network, a program of the Center on Rural Innovation in Vermont, as well as RuralRISE, a nationwide entrepreneurial ecosystem builders alliance.
- Raising the level of digital skills in the community.
- Bringing visibility to Pine Bluff as an attractive location for the creation of businesses.