THE Generator - Pine Bluff
YCL (Youth Coding League)
- An innovative and complete learning program, built for schools and community organizations, that introduces 5th-8th graders to computer science and coding. The YCL focuses on access, inclusion, and self-efficacy.
- YCL will begin in the spring semester of the 2022 -2023 school year. The program will be offered to 5th through 8th graders and serve as an optional prerequisite for the EAST program.
- Students learn key computer science principles in a weekly project-based regular season and showcase their new skills with teammates in postseason competitions against teams from across the U.S.
Summer Youth Entrepreneurship Program (SYEP)
The 6-week program centered around youth entrepreneur/business development
- Session 1 – Ideation and Business Plan development that ends with a business pitch competition where entrepreneurs present their business concept to a panel in the hope of winning a cash prize or investment capital.
- Session 2 – Chosen entrepreneurs from session 1 (including winners) spend the next 3 weeks developing a sustainable business model and implementation plan. The session will end with a pop-up-shop event to showcase these entrepreneurs along with their businesses to family, friends, and the general public. Certain entrepreneurs will be presented with the opportunity to continue their business development in the Generator’s business incubator program.
Youth Entrepreneurship / Business Development:
Using SYEP in combination with our business development programs, We provide children between the ages of 12 to 18 with the opportunity to experience entrepreneurship. Leveraging the same business tools and partnerships, we can assist youth entrepreneurs with developing and operating sustainable businesses.
Youth Business Pitch Competitions
Youth Competitions will help kids learn critical thinking, creativity, problem solving, and presentation skills. They can also teach kids workforce readiness skills important for personal development whether or not they become an entrepreneur.